Pages

Recovery

Recovery
Recovery Star

Monday, March 15, 2010

Day 84 - When is the best time to plant a tree?

A couple weeks ago, a guest pastor preached at our church.  He talked about seeing things (change, growth, vision) in 50 year chunks of time -- seeing the big picture so to speak.  He asked, "When is the best time to plant a tree?...50 years ago!"  He then continued, "When is the second best time to plant a tree?...today."


I walked away inspired...but I started to frame the question for my life as today is the best time to plant the tree...that somehow I missed the first time 20 years ago.  But, I've also shared before with others that everything in my life happened for a reason and got me to where I am today.  The life experiences, the training, the insights.  So I now more fully appreciate the wisdom Pastor Phil shared that morning in the context of my life.  A tree was planted 20 years ago...nay, even 41 years ago!   And now with a strong, deep root system of life experiences, the tree is coming into full bloom...into what I was truly meant to be, at this moment, in preparing for this next chapter of life.  And for that I am grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment